latvian Customs Regulations
Latvia Customs Information
The following goods may be imported into Latvia without incurring customs duty by persons aged 17 years and over arriving from countries outside the EU:
• 200 cigarettes, 100 cigarillos, 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco.
• 1l of spirits over 22% volume or 2l of spirits, aperitifs, wine or similar less than 22% volume.
• Up to 50g of perfume.
• 250ml of eau de toilette.
• Medication for personal use up to three months, provided it is accompanied by documentary confirmation.
• Other goods up to a value of ?175.
Abolition of duty-free goods within the EU
On 30 June 1999, the sale of duty-free alcohol and tobacco at airports and at sea was abolished in all of the original 15 EU member states. Of the 10 new member states that joined the EU on 1 May 2004 and the two states that joined on 1 January 2007, these rules already apply to Cyprus and Malta. There are transitional rules in place for visitors returning to one of the original 15 EU countries from one of the other new EU countries. But for the original 15, plus Cyprus and Malta, there are no limits imposed on importing tobacco and alcohol products from one EU country to another. Travelers should note that they may be required to prove at customs that the goods purchased are for personal use only.
Latvia Customs Website: http://www.vid.gov.lv/